Mavuno Church is a Christ Centered, Non-Denominational Bible believing Church with 19 campuses in 10 countries. We draw our mission from Matt 19:20-21 with a vision of turning ordinary people into fearless influencers of society.
In order to realize our mission and vision, the church seeks to engage the services of highly qualified and enthusiastic individuals for the following positions;
1- DIGITAL AND COMMUNITY MANAGER
Purpose of the role:
Assisting with the development of consistent and quality digital content, managing the social media and web platforms for our campuses. The position holder is overall in-charge of digital strategy, as well as online and web presence of Mavuno and its affiliated ministries.
Key duties and Responsibilities;
- Strategically develop and implement editorial calendar for all digital and web channels
- Manage Mavuno’s social media platforms by planning and executing a strategy to provide platform-specific content that is helpful, relevant, and shareable.
- Develop and maintain a social media content calendar, including gathering media support and writing caption copy that is clear, informative, excellent, and inviting
- Recruit and lead a social media listening and response team to quickly serve the audience of each platform with useful information
- Monitor analytics and report on content marketing metrics to reflect effectiveness of content strategy
- Develop new digital marketing channels for the church
- Present key statistics to ministry leaders for use in continued development of online media and web strategies
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate information, targeted to first-time visitors on the Mavuno website, while also serving as a resource for church members
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A minimum of 3 years of social media marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant qualification in related field
- Experience including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Google communities, Twitter, Snapchat, Flickr, YouTube, Pinterest, and more.
- Knowledge of social media and analytics software (Hootsuite, Raven Tools, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.).
- Ability to blog about social media on the Cutting Edge website based on research, experience, and relevant social media news.
2 – GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Purpose of the Role
Oversee the design and delivery of high quality imaging in line with the target audience of Mavuno Church. The position holder must have a genuine passion for the work and be able to translate ideas and concepts into creative visuals for print and online purposes.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Offer expert advice for proper marketing and design choices
- Receive projects with design direction and complete them on time and with high attention to detail.
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Schedule projects and define budget constraints
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic
- Work with other team members to produce final design
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities;
- 3 years minimum proven experience in graphic design
- Ability to work quickly to meet strict deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Fine Arts or relevant qualification in related field
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Background in After Effects, Premiere and photography a plus – added advantage
- Basic understanding of WordPress or other web management software – added advantage
3 – VIDEO EDITOR
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for a visual storyteller who will be overall in charge of creation of high-level video content for use on digital, web, and in-service platforms. someone who thinks creatively and loves to capture creative thoughts and ideas in a visually impactful way.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Design and create professional video content
- Organize, plan, schedule and direct video projects and see them through to completion
- Receive creative briefs, and translate them into engaging video content
- Provides creative input on initial scripts and throughout post-production
- Manage and oversee all technical aspects of video recording and editing
- Digitize, back-up and archive all organizational footage and video projects
- Maintains all editing equipment, troubleshoots problems, and actively facilitates repairs
- Ensures audio, video and lighting equipment is up-to-date and operational
- Develop an overall video brand messaging strategy
- Bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story.
- Manipulate and edit video pieces
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of a video.
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects.
- Create rough and final cuts within the given deadline and brief.
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Film studies, TV production, cinematography or related field
- Professional training in animation and /or video editing
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- They need to have a creative mind and story-telling skills, and manage
Desired individual attributes for the positions;
- Excellent technical production skills
- Great time management skills & ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Ability to manage end-to-end processes of production and editing high-quality products that serve the church and its ministries.
- knowledge and understanding of Mavuno Church and its ministries will be an added advantage
For a full description of the job requirements, Interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to visit the career section on our website at www.mavunochurch.org and to send their application that should include cv, copies of academic and professional certificates, daytime telephone number, names and contact telephone and email address of 3 professional referees one of whom must be your former employer to the address given below;
Head of HR & Administration
P.o Box 27584 – 00506 Nairobi.
You may also email us your application through email@example.com
So as to reach us by Friday 10th May 2019.
We regret that in light of anticipated numerous applications, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Mavuno Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will offer a competitive package to the successful candidate.