Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, job losses, layoffs, unpaid leave, and a lack of business have become pressing realities within our communities. One of the greatest fears that most people with various communities have is putting food on their tables while still maintaining social distancing and remaining home.
SPREAD HOPE is a campaign co-ordinated by Mavuno Church that seeks to care for the practical needs of some of the most vulnerable amongst us. The purpose of this campaign is to raise at least Ksh 10M (USD 100,000) in order to help out 832 families within our community over an 12-week period, and deliver care packages to them.
We are currently asking our congregation to partner with us by either adopting a family over a week, or during the entire 8 weeks. And would like to request you to either offer finances to this campaign or food stuff that would go a long way in putting food on the table of several vulnerable people.
- To date, Ksh. 3.3M has been raised
- Over 2,017 care packs have been purchased
- Close to 700 families have benefited directly
- Over 120 refugee families in Kitengela have been served
- Three children’s homes and two rescue centres have been served